Leftovers No More

Once upon a time, I lived off leftovers. I adored them. Every Saturday, I would take myself to the health food store (locally nicknamed "Wealthy Living") and spend a lot of money on organic everything. On Sunday, I would take this glorious food and make two recipes: one for lunch and the other for dinner. And I would eat off it for the entire week.

Fast forward to now. I have all these glorious recipes. I make it with the intention of not only feeding myself and The Boyfriend over the weekend, but to continue to eat off it for the rest of the week. Healthy, yummy food that Does A Body Good and saves me money in the long run.

So it comes as a shock and a pity that come day two the last thing I want to do is eat it.

I'll force myself to eat some more of it, but it gets to a point where I simply need to freeze large portions or risk wasting large amounts of expensive food. I can't afford to waste food. I'm still struggling to maintain my organic desires, and if I'm spending $20 on a couple local, grass-fed chicken breasts, I'll be DAMNED if any of it is going to go to waste.

I don't know when or why the switch happened, but it irks me a little. I've taken to halving recipes just so I don't have as much in the way of leftovers, but it's frustrating. I guess the upside is I have plenty of frozen dinners that are homemade and yummy and healthy and have virtually no preservatives or other nasty things.

Sigh.

Food is good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck