Wiped.

It's Monday. I just need to make it to Thursday. Thursday starts five days in a row with no work. Thursday leads to Friday, and Friday I head down to Florida for four days of fun, sun, and - here's the kicker - NO WORK.

I am exhausted. Work is quite literally a chore. I have no idea how I made it through my massages yesterday. I'm not entirely convinced I was awake through all of them. You sit down to do the head or the feet... you close your eyes so you can "hear" the muscles... the music is soothing... you get in the groove.... wait, how long have I been doing this one stroke?

Five days is not enough. My hands feel like they are swollen all. the. time. All I want to do it sit. Or better, lay. The reality is I need a solid month so my body can heal the damage, but this isn't going to happen. So I'm going to take my five days. I need to cram a lot into my first day (laundry, packing, yoga, cleaning the house so I don't come home to a sty), but I am going to give myself permission to sleep. I will sleep until I wake up. If I need to stop what I'm doing and take a nap, that's fine. If I end up taking three naps over the course of the day, that's fine too. It means I might actually have the energy to have fun while I'm in Florida.

At some point, it will actually sink in that I can't follow corporate America's lead of "one week off a year" and still hope to be any good at my job. People come to me because they only have one week off a year and need a way to cope with the exhaustion and stress. If I'm coping with the same issues no one is going to feel better. Not me, not them.

So, time to give a little back to myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck