*Whomp*

That's me, hitting the wall.

Again.

I need to start being much more proactive about self-care. I can't keep working working working until all of the sudden I start sleeping 10 hours straight and my energy level tanks and "deep tissue" turns into "is it okay if I sit on you for an hour because that's about all I can do."

So, yeah.

I've got a long weekend coming up in a couple weeks. I'm flying down to Florida (yes, in August) and seeing one of my dear friends who will be on break from nursing school.
Taken the last time I visited my dear friend Alex in Florida. We were at the Harry Potter rides at Universal.
Say "Hi" Alex! Make sure you have lots of alcohol.

Nursing is going to be her second career. We were both marketing coordinators with the same company back in the day. I love hearing about people's second careers. It seems like first careers are often things people either fall into or think they should do and second careers are those secret dreams that get pushed off to the side for something more stable or secure.

Anyway, I'm not sure I'm going to make it to that little holiday. I've got approximately two weeks to go. Two weeks of working. Two weeks of forearms that have been protesting and may well give out on me at any minute. Two weeks of standing on legs that would much rather not be in use.

I can NOT wait for pool-side cocktails.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck