The Great Experiment and Thanksgiving in June

So, this past weekend I made a "Thanksgiving" dinner, all by myself. Turkey breast (local, grass fed, frakking expensive), mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, gravy, rolls and even canned cranberry sauce. As my family historically never does green bean casserole, this was a first for me. I went online and used this recipe from eatingwell.com. It's fantastic, and you don't have to worry about highly processed and icky ingredients because it's all real! Of course I tweaked the recipe a little... but just a little.

I did the turkey and stuffing in the crock pot and it was amazing. I am so proud of myself, I can't even tell you! It's the first time I did something of this caliber all by myself. The Boyfriend (whom I did this for because he loves turkey dinners) was very pleased as well. All in all, it was a great success. Yay!
Obviously there were plenty of leftovers. 
In terms of The Great Experiment... look at the PEAS! Aren't they beautiful?!?

I had to add in some more strings because they just weren't latching on to the railing like I hoped. This will give them a little something extra to hold on to.



And look at those tomatoes! Finally! There are way too many in that pot and I need to take some out fairly soon. Which means I need another pot or two. Eventually.


It's almost time for a second serving of baby greens, don't you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck