Gah! Groceries!

Tomorrow is my grocery shopping day. Which is a good thing because I'm running out of just about everything. The local Farmer's Market starts up on Friday. Which is not my shopping day. D'oh! Although, it's still pretty early in the season so there won't be much in the way of summer veggies yet. Since I've never been to this market it'll be fun to just go and see what they offer. Then I can make a summer plan.

Anyway, this morning I took a look at the ever-growing list of things I need to get tomorrow and inwardly cringed. It's going to be expensive. Hell, it's expensive every week. I'm mean, should a single gal really be spending $80 a week on groceries? Then I start mentally dividing the list: okay, I can get the meat and bread at this store because they have a good selection of local stuff, and then I'll get the rest at Shaw's because it'll be cheaper.

But you know what? It *is* cheaper. Cheaper nutritionally and environmentally. I need to change my way of thinking. There is no need to feel guilty about wanting to eat Good Things. Obviously I am making enough to afford it so I'm not neglecting other bills at the expense of food. Ok, so last week I chose groceries over a new vacuum cleaner. But I know every one of you would do the same. I mean, really, organic dry roasted almonds vs. clean floors? The choice is obvious!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck