Shhh... Can You Hear it?

I am sitting on my porch, enjoying a warm late spring afternoon. Sitting, I can watch pedestrians and vehicles alike pass by on their way to Somewhere Else. I can feel the breeze kiss my skin. I can see it as it rustles the leaves of plants kept inside for far too long. I can hear a nearby wind chime toll its single note. The clouds roll in and slowly blot out the blue sky, making good on the promises of thunderstorms tonight.

I sit here, pretending to read. I give up the pretense, close my eyes and silently chant the mantra that comes so often to me lately, the Goddess Chant:

Isis
Astarte
Diana
Hecate
Demeter
Kali
Inanna

Sometime I switch out Kali with Morrigan to better reflect my Celtic roots, but today the original chant is what comes to me unannounced. As I sit silently repeating Their names in my head and listening to the traffic pass by, everything lifts. I see the colors of my chakras shift in my vision - red to orange to yellow to the most vibrant green I've seen in a good long while. It stops there, at my Heart Chakra. That's okay though. The heart's a good place to be and I don't mind occupying that space for a while.

It occurs to me that I should find a way to make a living off this kind of peace and tranquility. Don't ask me how. In my experience, success tends to take all the peace out of a thing. I'd rather be peaceful. I'm pretty sure my soul agrees with me on that one. Instead of trying to earn a living off bottling up and selling this moment, how about I just make the most of living in the moment?

Yeah, that sounds pretty good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck

The World Keeps Spinning, Regardless of What We Do

Princess Leia, One with the Force