Food is good.

One of the nice things about having all this new-found time to myself is that I'm able to make more things from scratch for each meal instead of having to plan everything ahead of time. Now that I'm at Old Work only twice a week, I don't really need to have pre-portioned, ready-to-go meals handy. They're great for the two days I work there, but New Place doesn't have an employee fridge for the massage therapists and frankly, if you're there at certain times of day they'll feed you anyway. There are perks for working for a hotel with a restaurant, let me tell you.

Doing my best to not go to the grocery store multiple times a week has also helped me be a lot more creative with the things I pull together. I still search recipes and go grocery shopping according to what the recipe calls for, but then I have the rest of the week to get creative with the leftover ingredients and things I already have on hand. I admit, it's been a lot of fun coming up with new (to me, at least) ideas. Plus, it feels good that nothing is going to waste and everything is getting used up. I still make sure to portion out a serving or two for the freezer, for those days I don't feel like cooking or for "emergency" meals.

Yesterday I whipped up a no-noodle lasagna made with things left over from the lasagna I made a couple weeks ago. Instead of noodles, I used a couple sliced red potatoes. It's actually really delicious and packed with leftover veggies from a thai recipe I made earlier this week. Tonight - provided that I don't book a massage in the next couple hours - I'm going to make some polenta and top it with some Mexican-spiced beans and corn. Sounds good, doesn't it?

I'd post pictures of both, but the first has been sitting in the fridge for a while and doesn't look so hot and I haven't made the second yet. So, you're going to have to settle for a picture of this:

cute-kitten-pictures-002.jpg
Love me? Pweeze?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon