Be Careful What You Wish For

Do you remember how I said I was saving up for possibly taking an entire month off sometime this summer? Well, I think I'm sorta doing it a little early. I am totally loving my new job. The one downside that I'm coming up to right now is that it relies heavily on the tourist trade for its income and right now there aren't a lot of tourists. It's the in-between time here in Vermont; there isn't any snow (like there ever was this winter) but it's not our gorgeous summer or fall yet.

I'm still working at the Old Place two days as week, so I have cash coming in there, and I am doing some massages at the new place, so it's not like I'm financially strapped. But if I want to not have to pick up shifts, I'm going to have to be pretty damned frugal. I can swing it without dipping into my savings, thanks mainly to the federal tax return that was just deposited this morning. But obviously I won't be able to continue long-term; if things don't pick up soon I'm going to have to add a shift or two at the Old Place, which I really don't want to do. I've noticed a demonstrable difference in my attitude since working only two days a week there. I am much more relaxed and calm on the days I am there, and generally speaking I'm a happier gal.

So, in the meantime, I'm going to have to reign in my tendency to spend money when I have nothing else do. Mainly, I'm going to have to find things to do that don't cost money! Luckily things seem be warming up again (oh, how those 70's and 80's taunted us) and it's easier to spend time outside. I live in a great area that's made for walking and hiking; it's time I took advantage of that. And possibly the public library so I'm not spending all my money at Barnes and Nobles.

Mmmmmm.... books.

I like books. (more than people).  :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck

The World Keeps Spinning, Regardless of What We Do

Princess Leia, One with the Force