Spring? Please? Now?

I will not complain about our winter this year. Mainly because for the first time in my living memory, we haven't really had one. No major nor'easters to dump multiple feet of snow, no horrendous ice storms... nothing. Of course, winter isn't nearly over yet, and I'm still thinking we'll get at least one good dump in April. My personal theory is that we got all of 2012's precipitation in 2011, hence all the snowstorms and flooding and rain and flooding and Irene and flooding.

Have I mentioned a lot of flooding happened last year?

Anyway. Today it was in the 50's and sunny. Since I didn't have to be in to work until 3:30p, I took advantage of the nice weather and took a walk and then sat out on my porch and read for a long while. It did a heart good to breathe in the hint of spring and feel the sun warm my face.

While I was sitting out there, I contemplated how I wanted to "arrange" my porch. I've never had a real porch of my own as an adult. Even though it's only mine as along as I rent this apartment, I was thinking... another camp chair, maybe a small table. I could have my coffee out there in the mornings. Eat dinner out there in the evenings. Bring my plants out there and let them finally see the light of day... something I don't get any of in my apartment. Maybe start a few container gardens of lettuce and other shade-loving veggies.

I can't wait to make use of this wonderful space!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck

The World Keeps Spinning, Regardless of What We Do

Princess Leia, One with the Force