I Am So Effing Bored.

Day Three of House Arrest. I'm climbing up the walls here. Betty made it to her appointment this morning, thank the Maker. I lost sleep over it last night, that's how worried I was about it. But she's over there now and hopefully he can fix it today. I need my car back. I can't remember the last time I felt so stranded.

I've cooked all I can. It's spitting snow and freezing out, so a long walk is just not appealing. I've read everything in the house or what I do have I don't feel like reading. I've watched so much television I feel like my eyes are about to fall out. I'm seriously considering going back to the grocery store (which I was just at on Tuesday) simply for something to do. Heck, I even danced to my song for Saturday's performance. If this keeps up, I may have to actually choreograph something just to keep from going crazy. Last night? I rearranged my storage closet.

If I start cleaning, you know I've gone 'round the bend.


Oh! The bread! It came out pretty well considering it's been a solid two years since I've made any. As you can see, I did a traditional loaf and an italian loaf. They both came out the same size, mainly because I think I accidently put the smaller half in the loaf pan. Oh well.


The only problem is that I forgot about "the flap". In order to make a "loaf", you actually use a rolling pin to flatten the dough out, then roll it up tight so it's like a tube. When you put it in the pan for the final rise, you're supposed to put it in flap side UP, smoosh it around so it's pan-shaped, then flip it over. This way, the flap gets melded to the rest of the loaf and you don't end up with this:


Oops. Oh well. Tastes good anyway. Finally using up that 25 pound bag of flour I bought like a year and a half ago. Time for a new one! This is one habit I definitely want to start up again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck