My Internal 5-Year-Old is Alive and Well

Last night I tried to go to bed. Three times. The first time, I noticed that the closet door was open a crack. That meant that I had to not only check the closet to make sure no one was hiding in it, but I had to also check the storage closet in the living room, including the big-ass suitcase to make sure no one was hiding in it. The only reason why I didn't check behind the shower curtain was that I'd recently taken a shower and knew for certain no one was hiding behind it.

Oy.

The second time I tried to go to bed, I no sooner turned off the light when I realized it was too friggin' dark in the apartment. So I got up and turned the sink light on in the kitchen. I went back to bed. Realized that was too close to the bedroom and was too bright. So I got up again, turned off the kitchen light and turned on the bathroom light.

Ahhhhh, just right. I was able to burrow comfortably in my bed, secure in the fact that if anyone was walking around the apartment and came into my bedroom, I would be able to see them.

Hello, my name is Kate and I am afraid of the dark and at 38, my imagination still regularly runs away with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck

The World Keeps Spinning, Regardless of What We Do

Princess Leia, One with the Force