Costco, Ahoy!

I got off early today (it's been a blissfully easy week this week, and I'm sure I'll more than make up for it soon), so I did a quick drive-by of Wally World to pick up some staples (cleaning products) and swung by Costco and made out like a bandit:

     1. One HUGE thing of grapes, which will maybe last me a week
     2. One HUGE thing of blueberries, which will again maybe last me a week
     3. A 12-pack of veggie burgers... with actual veggies in them
     4. A 2-pack of nonfat plain greek yogurt, both tubs being 32 ounces
     5. A tub of hummus
     6. A six-pack of romaine lettuce heads
     7. Clementines
     8. A huge thing of medjool dates, which work well for dessert for me
     9. A boat-load of tomatoes
     10. A big bag of broccoli, which will live in my freezer and be doled out as needed

SCORE. All of this cost me like $67, and most of it will last a couple weeks to a month, if not more. I know none of it is local, although the greek yogurt might be Cabot even though it says "Kirkland"... you never know.

You know what? I don't care. It's Effin' FEBRUARY in Vermont, and I'm jonzing for some fresh, healthy produce. I'll take what I can get.

And those grapes? HEAVEN.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck