Yeouch!

As I type this, I am standing straight as a rod, with the computer resting on the top shelf of my desk. You see, I can't sit. Sitting hurts.

Lying on my side hurts.

Anything other than completely upright or completely flat hurts.

I am not used to dealing with back pain. This doesn't generally happen to me. Sure I'll get tweaks here and there, but nothing that isn't walked or twisted or popped out in an hour or so. This happened after my second-to-last massage YESTERDAY. I'm waking up with it this morning. I know it's coming from the put-together-yourself end tables I put together myself on Friday. I felt a little stiff on Saturday, but nothing that I haven't felt a million times before and easily worked out with some stretching.

I've already called off work because I can't bend. There is no way I can do five massages. I'd be out for weeks if I tried. I am hoping taking it easy today will work out whatever needs working out. But I may have to visit a chiropractor for the first time in my life.

I do not find the irony in this happening the week before my vacation. I have obviously burnt myself out to the point where an injury like this could happen. I also do not find it ironic that it's happening right around my sacral chakra - the one I'm always working on. I quite literally need to let a few things go in order to move forward. Or, you know, move.

But there's not going to be a lot of moving for me today. I'm already making myself a nice nest on the floor, replete with sleeping bag and bolstering pillows. Which, because I can't bend, are being put in place by subtle kicks and jabs with my foot. At some point there's going to be a steaming hot bath, and I'm seriously considering breaking out my massage table heating pad, laying it on the floor and cranking it up.

Yeah, it's gonna be an interesting day.

Comments

MarieGray said…
You didn't IM me this morning but I came here to see if you'd left any clues about how you were feeling. :-( You really should find yourself some Valeran/magnesium combo.... *HUGS*

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck