Possibilities

I've signed up for a few massage classes at my old alma mater. I don't think I can get continuing education (CE) credits toward my national certification but I think they'll really help deepen my practice. They're simple little things - morning classes from 9 to 12 on working the shoulder, neck and lower back. Since these are the areas that virtually all of my clients complain about, it would be nice to have a little extra something in my tool bag to address those needs. While my clients usually report they feel better after I work those areas, I sometimes feel that I'm just kinda... well, faking it a little. I think these classes will give me a little extra confidence in those areas.

It's interesting. All the additional training and classes I take deepen my practice but can't be used as "official" CE credits. Sigh. But you know what? I did the national test mainly to prove to myself that I could do it. Vermont doesn't currently require me to have it, and so long as that continues to be the case I can theoretically take whatever classes I want and let it expire at the end of its four years.

Or I can try and fit all required 48 credits into one year. Y'know... whatever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon