January 1, 2012

Happy Final Year of Existence, People! Luckily, the Mayans were kind enough to at least give us the *whole* year to either live it up or screw it up.

Every year on New Year's Day, I do a tarot card reading (cards of my own design) for the coming year. I always look back at the previous year's to see how accurate the reading was. 2010's reading was waaaay off. 2011's reading was dead on. It was almost scary, actually. It will be interesting to see how accurate 2012's reading will be.

I also make "goals" for the coming year, and look back at the previous year's goals to see how I did. Success is often liberally translated, but as I never put any real pressure on myself to fulfill these "goals", it's always interesting to see how they manifest. For example, a goal for 2011 was to move to Montpelier. As I moved - period - we consider that a win.

One of my other goals for 2011 was to develop and maintain a healthy relationship with food. This was the one goal I really kept forefront in my mind all year long. It manifested as an exploration into my second chakra. Which, apparently, was way out of whack. Which, also, sounds really woo-woo but hey, love me, love my woo-wooity.

I thought I'd share with you a few of my goals for 2012. Obviously, these are not all of them as some are intensely personal and I'm not putting them on a blog. You understand. :-)

1. Find my next steps in regards to my career: I have no idea how this will manifest. However, I think that 2012 may be the year where things grow in regards to my practice. It will be interesting to see how things turn out!

2. Get back in touch with my inner Dancer: The poor girl had a tough go of it in 2011, and didn't feel much like dancing. I think she's ready for her comeback.

3. Develop a spiritual practice: I seem to be piecemeal when it comes to spirituality. I don't expect I'll join a coven or temple or anything, but it would be nice to have some sort of actual practice. Even if that means simply doing yoga in my living room every day and meditating in the evening.

4. Continue developing a healthy relationship with food: I got it started in 2011, but this is definitely an ongoing thing for me.

5. HAVE MORE FUN!

That last one should be on EVERYONE'S list!

Happy New Year everyone, and may what's right and best for you and yours manifest in your life this coming year! Namaste!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck

The World Keeps Spinning, Regardless of What We Do

Princess Leia, One with the Force