Changing Behaviors

A couple weeks ago, I started noticing that I wasn't hungry a lot of the time. And that when I finally became hungry, it didn't take all that much to fill me up.

Of course, a couple weeks ago I sick but that's beside the point.

Even now, I've noticed that I stopped being hungry long before I actually stopped eating. This happens mostly in the evenings. The urge to munch and eat and stuff is almost overwhelming. But the thing is... I *know* I'm not hungry. I'm full.

I'm full right now (it's 8pm). I'm not in the least bit hungry. I ate a reasonable and tasty dinner and followed it with a couple cups of tea (with Bailey's... ahem) and I am not hungry. But all I want to do is crack open that box of Wheat Thins and dunk them in a vat of hummus.

But I'm. Not. Hungry.

I guess I'm writing this more at the moment to keep myself from eating. It'd be one thing if I was hungry and I needed a snack. But I'm not.

How long will it take for me to unlearn this awful habit of eating beyond hunger? It took me... oh, say... 37 years to develop this practice. I sincerely hope it won't take another 37 to break myself of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck

The World Keeps Spinning, Regardless of What We Do

Princess Leia, One with the Force