It's not you...

... it's me.

You get out of something what you put into it.

If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting what you've always gotten.

All things for a reason.


I was giving a massage a few days ago and was struggling with the fact that no matter what I was doing, I was just not getting "through" to this particular client. When I finally realized I was essentially fighting with this person, I changed tactics. I realized that  the tension and holding this client was exhibiting was because - for whatever reason - it was working for them.

And almost as soon as I thought of that, I had this epiphany. As much as I may complain about various things in my life. Whatever has happened - where I am now, what I am experiencing - I placed myself in this position. The reason I cannot find my way out is because on some level, it's working for me.

I may have a job that keeps me on the edge of burnout, but I have a good weekend and I actually get holidays off. I may have a landlord about thisfar away from senility, but living here means I can stay by myself. No one can judge the way I decide to live my life. I may be alone, but this way no one can hurt me.

Again, all things for a reason.

So, if I keep saying this isn't working for me, but on some level it is, then I really need to start re-examining what is truly working for me, and what is keeping me in a safe, gilded prison.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck