Birth Chart

It's Monday morning. In about 20 minutes, I'll be heading downstairs to help the Landlady with her mail. Although, I'm not hearing her move around down there. I might end up waking her up. She just had eye surgery last week and I always feel bad when I get her out of bed. For freaking mail.

So anyway, I'm playing around on the computer drinking my coffee when I think to myself: "Self, you should get your astrology chart done!" So I did. Astrolabe does a very quick, easy, and free one. I recommend it if you're at all curious. These are the highlights of what I got (the actual "report" is 3 pages long). FWIW, I'm a Taurus:


Rising Sign is in 20 Degrees Aries
You are a free spirit and you must be first at everything you do. Very energetic, self-assertive and active, things must be done your way. Even though you may feel calm and serene on the inside, you certainly do not act that way. You want to do everything full-tilt, 100 miles per hour! A great competitor, but a poor cooperator -- you must learn how to lose more gracefully. Very self-confident, ambitious and passionate, you radiate positive energy. You are blunt and direct, but at times unfeeling and tactless, especially if anyone offers you any resistance. You fight for your beliefs, but your tendency to act first and think later often causes you much grief.  I've always kind of wondered if I had any Aries in me, because, y'know, WOAH sometimes. This is a little too accurate!

Sun is in 20 Degrees Taurus.
You are known for being patient, slow moving and careful -- you love to prolong and savor enjoyable times. You appreciate and need comfort, ease and warm surroundings. Be careful of a tendency to become placid and self-satisfied and to overeat (especially sweets). You require strenuous situations in order to grow and mature properly, even though you try to avoid them. Affectionate, even-tempered and slow to anger -- when you do become emotionally upset, you are also slow to forgive and time must pass before your calm returns. You demand real results from any situation -- abstractions are very difficult for you to comprehend. Very artistic, your hands love to mold and shape things. You portray an earthy, physical sexiness that others find quite seductive.  
Yep, to just about all of it. 

Moon is in 17 Degrees Capricorn.
You are serious and shy and very uncomfortable in those situations where spontaneous and exuberant emotional reactions seem called for. An achiever, you prefer doing practical, worthwhile things that produce tangible results. You need role models to respect, love and emulate. You tend to feel that you're a failure unless you get an important and highly respected position in life. Don't be so hard on yourself! For you, practical needs always win out over emotional considerations. Remember that you too have the right to comfort, security and love. Dutiful and patient, when you make an emotional commitment, you sign on for the long haul -- your love is long- enduring.  
Oh, very much YEAH. 

Mercury is in 28 Degrees Taurus.
A slow and careful thinker, you like to present ideas visually and concretely. Abstractions are quite difficult for you to understand. For you, everything must be practical and useful in order to merit your attention. You are a perfectionist -- you enjoy being skillful enough to handle the dexterity required of fine craftsmanship. Cautious and conservative in your thinking, you are very slow to change your opinions. You are more apt to respond to an appeal to your feelings than to an appeal to logic or reason.  
Snigger... when I read that last sentence I immediately thought of my friend Alex, whom I continually frustrate with my continued disregard for logic and reason. Hi Alex!!!  

Venus is in 07 Degrees Aries.
You are a very affectionate person but you hate to be tied down. You are more than willing to be the aggressor in initiating new relationships. Indeed, once you have set your sights on someone, you tend to pursue him or her ardently and passionately. But you do demand your own way in a relationship. Try to give in to your partner's needs and desires once in a while.  
I dunno about this one... once I set my sights on someone I do pursue, but I'm not sure if I demand my own way in a relationship or not. I actually tend to lose myself in a relationship, giving up things and bending my own self to the needs of my partner and ignoring my own. Which kinda got me in trouble with the last one. Maybe I need to embrace my inner Venus at 7 degrees Aries!  


Skipping a couple...


Saturn is in 02 Degrees Cancer.
The most important issue for you is emotional security. You have a deep and gnawing fear that those on whom you depend for emotional support will prove to be unreliable in the long run. When you are unloved and insecure, you distrust others and tend to feel isolated and lonely. Very cool, detached and objective, you can be counted on -- in situations that are inherently stressful or full of tension -- not to lose your self- control. That is a great and welcome gift at such times.  Second sentence. Oh HELLS yeah. And it's played out in my life over and over... culminating in half my family dying off between 1999 and 2007. Still working my way through that one...


The rest of it talks about me as well as my "entire peer group" and my "entire generation". So if you want those, you should get it yourself. Don't make me do all of the work here. But again, they were pretty on.


So... it's now 20 minutes later and I still think she's asleep. I know she's forgotten that I'm supposed to help her with her mail. She usually does. I could get away with not doing it at all... bad me.


Off I go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon