On This Day in 2009

Every once in a while, if you look at one of your Facebook sidebars, they have this thing where they bring up old statuses. Which is actually kinda of creepy if you think too hard about it, but also kinda of cool. For example, on this day in 2009, I posted "I have a new job!"

Which got me to thinking back. On this day in 2009, I did indeed have a new job. My time at Hell Job was literally over by a day. I took just one day off in between jobs (Labor Day), before starting training for my school job.

Which means, two years ago starting next week, I started my journey toward becoming a massage therapist. TWO years ago! Where does the time go? When I first started at my current job, when people asked me how long I'd been doing it, I'd say "oh, about a year." Meaning: Well, I started learning how to give a massage at school in September, and it's September now, so... Now, when I say I've been doing it for a little over a year, I don't have to count my schooling. I really have been doing this for a year.

And who knows where the possibilities will take me? There is still so much to learn, so many places I could take this knowledge. The world is my oyster. Or, would be if I liked oysters. The world is my peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon