Irene Eve

Batten down the hatches, people!

To be honest, I am rather skeptical that my position in the northern half of the state is going to see the dire and destruction they are warning us to expect. After all, the only real difference I'm seeing between this and one of our Nor'easters is the fact it's rain instead of snow. Which, actually can be more destructive I guess because snow very seldom seeps into the basement causing water damage.

But still, I am torn between poo-pooing the whole matter and buying into the hype and stocking up like it's Y2K revisited.

Sigh. I'll probably buy a 6-pack of water and some canned fruit and call myself "prepared". To be honest, I'm more worried about the overly-tall, overly-whippy poplar tree outside my bedroom window. It has survived some pretty crazy weather thus far (there were time over the winter I was sure the wind would snap it), but if it comes through my bedroom window, any disaster preparedness would be a moot point because I'll be living in a hotel.

Which reminds me... I really should get renter's insurance. And health insurance. And the money to pay for both...

So anyway. If any of you readers are actually in the direct path of Irene, please be safe and more prepared than I am!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon