Dragging my feet, but...

It's been about a month and a half since I got that last text. Our relationship lasted approximately 3 1/2 months.

It's really time I pick myself up off the ground and move on.

I'm working on it, really I am. Trying to move forward even though deep down I'm still waiting for him to come to his senses and apologize. Or at least give me some kind of reason.

Yeah, probably never going to happen.

So, I've signed up for OKCupid. I was on there briefly on Thursday, got cold feet and took my profile down, then put it back up yesterday. The first couple dates are probably not going to go well at all. But like my cousin Chrissy says, I need to get back out there.

I gave my everything to someone who, for whatever reason, decided it either wasn't good enough or he simply didn't want it. I'll freely admit that I did not exactly put my best food forward once things started sliding. But what is done is done on both sides, and apparently it is for good. I don't think there could be any other outcome at this point.

So it's time to move on to someone who wants to be with me, who isn't afraid of being with me, and who wants to spend the rest of their life with me. Because, that's really what I want. A Life Partner.

Is that such a bad thing to want?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck