Creating.

I guess one of the good things to come out of this whole broohaha is that I've been creating again. I stopped for a long time - not really sure why. Didn't feel like it? Other things to do? Who knows?

My preferred method of creating lately seems to be collaging. There is something very cathartic about ripping up a magazine. Second to that is painting. I prefer acrylics, simply because I am lazy and they make painting (and cleaning up) easy. No turpentine for this gal.

Anyway, I thought I'd share them with you. I'm warning you, most of it is schlocky and obvious and would probably fail me out of art school. Also, the quality of the images is not the best, mainly because I have a very difficult time centering and leveling anything. Everything I do veers off to the left...just a little.

I guess I'll go with the ones that don't have anything to do with the break-up first:

Give Bliss A Chance
Kindness Grows
Gaia Provides



The first two were the first attempts I made at collaging... back in late June, I think. The breakup hadn't officially happened yet but things weren't going well. Obviously I was reading a lot of Eastern philosophy magazines. The painting I just did a few days ago. I've been doing a mental visualization at work the last week where I'm pulling energy from the Earth while I do massages. I'm getting a boost and the client is still getting energy, but I'm not wiping out my already low sources. It's working.

Ready for the teeny-bopper, over-dramatic, I'll never get over you stuff? Fair warning, there's a lot more that...
Sorrow, Nicely Wrapped

This is actually one of my favorites. Also the first time where I started playing with the notion that it didn't just have to be images ripped from a magazine. I'm maybe a little too proud of that bow.
Summer Heartbreak


The text in the center is a refrain from the Mumford & Sons song White Blank Page: Tell me now/where was my fault/in loving you/with all my heart?
I Deserved Better Than That

This is another one of my favorites. That is actually a Death Eater mask, and the whole lot of nothing he's "speaking" is from some beauty product swirling in water. The background is from an old psychology textbook I ripped apart.
My Love for You Grew and Shone in the Darkness


Schlocktastic, yes. Leave me alone. I liked painting it.
Deconstructing Something Beautiful


This started out as something completely different. I didn't like the way it looked, so I started ripping off the pictures in the hopes I could re-use the canvas. After I did that, the stuff along the sides and a big empty spot was in the middle and I liked that better. Who knew?
Betrayal


Yeah... I did this one last night. I was kinda drunk when I did it. Obviously, seeing Him on the bike path the other day did not do me any favors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon