White Blank Page

Can you lie next to her
and give her your heart
your heart?
As well as your body
and can you lie next to her 
and confess your love
your love?
As well as your folly
and can you kneel before the king
and say ‘I’m clean'
‘I’m Clean’?
But tell me now where was my fault
in loving you with my whole heart?
Her white blank page
and a swelling rage
rage
You did not think
when you sent me to the brink
the brink
You desired my attention
but denied my affections
affections
But tell me now where was my fault
in loving you with my whole heart?
Lead my to the truth and I
will follow you with my whole life


Can I just say that the entire "Sigh No More" album from Mumford & Sons is about the best album ever? Of course, at the moment I can't listen to it without bawling my eyes out (in other words, not currently appropriate for road trips). Ironically enough, this was his favorite song off the album. But it suits me so well at the moment I'm usurping it.


Ha! Take that.






More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmania.com/white_blank_page_lyrics_mumford_and_sons.html
All about Mumford And+Sons: http://www.musictory.com/music/Mumford+And+Sons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck