Staying Afloat

I want my boyfriend back. Have you seen him? Tall, blond, most gorgeous smile you'll ever see. Best hugger you'll ever meet. If you happen to see him, send him home, will you? I miss him terribly.

Sigh.

Yesterday was a fairly good day for me. Work went well, and I met up with my dance friend and actually worked on some new choreography. It felt good to dance again, even in this heat and humidity. We're working on a new piece we'll be performing twice in the fall. We're dancing to Faun's Rhiannon. Full of bagpipes and drums. I foresee lots of 3/4 shimmies in my future...

Last night was a bad night for me. There were lots of tears, lots of anger, frustration, confusion, and mostly just a lot of pain. Lots of I wishes, and why's, and I don't understand's.

So, I'm only doing a half-day at work today. Maybe less, depending. I need the money, but through all of this I've scheduled myself so I'm never alone for very long; I always find a way to be out and among people. Maybe what I really need is a self-indulgent, stay-in-bed-with-the-covers-over-my-head day so I can get it out of my system.

The hard part is, I don't want him out of my system.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon