Stuff.

1. I think I did have a cold. It's on its way out now - I'm at the stuffy nose can't seem to blow it enough phase. Although, it's really not that bad. I didn't really get all that sick. Just a little run down. So I'm calling it a win.

2. Got to see The Boyfriend this weekend after two weeks of not. Yay! Still super busy though and who knows when I'll get to see him again. Trying very hard not to let it get to me. Attachment and cravings and all that. Trying to be in the here and now, because that's really the only place I can be.

3. Thinking of doing a yoga teacher training next year. One of the local studios is offering a 200 hour training. It's done over the course of nine months, so it's a relaxed, easy pace (to put it in perspective, my massage training was 690 hours in nine months). I think I can swing the fee, and with my upcoming schedule change at work it'll make things easier. The classes don't start until January, so I have a while to make a decision. This was on my five-year career plan, so to be able to do it ahead of schedule would be nice. Plus, it would be an excellent tool to incorporate into my massage knowledge. It'll really help deepen my understanding of the body and will allow me to really give my clients tools to help themselves.

4. I've been doing a lot of creating lately. I'd forgotten how much I loved to do that. It seems over the last few years I've been picking up a lot of things that I'd "forgotten" about: dancing, painting, collaging... Things that got tossed by the wayside because they seemed childish. Last week I picked up some acrylic paints and some pre-made canvases and have been going at it. It's not like they are gallery-worthy or anything but they make me feel good. I think it's a kind of meditation for me. Also a kind of release. A visual representation of whatever is going on inside. I am enjoying this.

5. I've started meditating on a regular basis. Well, I'm trying to make it a regular basis. I've only missed one day in the last week, and that was because I spent time with The Boyfriend. I've discovered that it works best for me if I can meditate right before bed. My bed is pushed up against the wall, so I use that to support my back and sit cross-legged for a little while. It's not a long period of time, but I'm purposely not saying "I will meditate for 20 minutes in the evening before bed", because that's a sure-fire way for me to rebel against "the rule" and not do it, or feel like a failure because I only managed 10 minutes. So, no rules, no "musts" or "I wills". I'm liking it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck