Yes, I am a geek.
Here they are, in no particular order:
- I don't know if I trust couples who have matching luggage. It's like couples who wear the same thing. There is just something wrong there, I can't put my finger on it.
- If you pahk the cah at Hahvahd Yahd, it gets towed. Just sayin'.
- Ate at a wonderful little Italian restaurant in Boston's North End, then had a wander. Beautiful evening. Even Paul Revere agreed, although he basically just stood there the whole time without saying anything.
- (Said in your best Swedish Chef impersonation) York! York! York!
- I am now a sufferer of Driver Sunburn. Ouch. But hey... sun!
- According to the signs, we somehow managed to drive North, East and South all at the same time. Maine truly is a magical place!
- Bar Harbor reminds me a lot of Montpelier. Only, y'know, with the ocean and lots of lobsters.
- Seafood risotto for dinner. I just went in to dairy overload. Must... eat... salad....
- Another stunning day. Heading out with a picnic lunch to Acadia National Forest.
- I love our Inn. Black Friar Inn. Check it out if you're ever in Bar Harbor.
- Sahco? Sayco? How the hell do you pronounce Saco anyway? I've forgotten!
- Cadillac Mountain, Sand Beach, Echo Lake, Jordan Lake, and a mini-mountain that took 15 minutes to hike. I got bitten by something, stones in my shoes, and bugs in my hair. Day seized and throttled.
- Unfortunate sign seen today: Thunder Hole Restrooms, turn right. Um... maybe I'll pass.
- An unfortunate backpack incident has left my book smelling like pineapples. Game of Thrones with Pineapples... new best seller? Who lives in a pineapple under Winterfell? Spongebob Square-Ned!