Yoga?

A couple of years ago, I was big-time into yoga. I went every Saturday morning without fail, and sometimes twice a week if I could finagle it. This was back during Hell Job and yoga really helped me to deal with the emotions and confusion I was feeling around it.

My yoga practice pretty much dropped off the face of the earth when I went back to school. We'd do it once a week during class, but I just didn't have the time, energy or money to follow up with classes outside of school. And now, I have plenty of time, money and energy to start them back up but for some reason I haven't. I still love yoga and on the rare occasion I make it to a class I always feel better for it, but I guess I just don't feel the need to attend classes.

From time to time I do yoga in my apartment, and I frequently recommend yoga poses to clients to help with stretching and muscle tension relief. Even though I'm not attending classes as often as I used to, the lessons I learned while there follow me on a daily basis and enrich my life exponentially. Yoga is more than the poses. It is a way of seeing and living life, an alternate way of relating to the things going on around you.

These are just a few of the ideas I've brought with me out into the world:

  • Right now, you are exactly where you need to be. No need to change.
  • Right now, you are exactly as you need to be. No need to change.
  • Find your edge. Stay with it. Don't push yourself too far. 
  • Don't worry about what anyone else around you is doing. Just focus on what you're doing, now.
  • It's okay to laugh when you fall grandly out of a pose... or just fall grandly!
  • Sometimes you need to push yourself to the edge, and sometimes you need to be gentle with yourself and not push at all.
  • What are you experiencing right now? Experience it.
  • Honor the divinity in yourself as you honor the divinity in others.
Namaste.

Comments

Lily@FaunMusic said…
Great read. I really emphasise how stressful general life can be! I was getting way inside my whole head, and I started to feel terrible mentally, I Wasn't doing much at all. I took up running daily and it made me feel like a new person ^.^ Simple exercise can change lifes!

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck