Whoosh!!!!

Hey, look at me! I'm updating my blog!!! Craziness.

Spring is finally happening to Vermont. It feels like we're about a month behind the rest of the world. It feels more like mid-April should feel outside. But... it's sunny, the tulips are being brave and showing their fair colors, and the trees are exploding green. It's about damned time!!

Over the last few weeks, between massive snow melts and massive amounts of rain, we've had a lot of flooding. Lake Champlain is several feet above its normal levels right now. Most of the beaches are still under water, and in places the bike path has been nearly washed away. There are many, many homes that are considered a complete loss. While it's not Mississippi-level floods, it is none-the-less devastating to a large portion of the state. Check out The Burlington Free Press for some pictures and an article.

In other news, things with The Boy and I are moving along nicely. Spending time with him is one of my favorite things to do, and I'm most happy when we're snuggled up on the couch watching TV. It feels like this is what life is supposed to be, y'know?

The next few weeks are going to be a challenge though. Between both of our schedules, after tomorrow seeing each other is going to be a rare, precious thing until well into June. Due to our different work schedules (he has weekends off, I have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off), we're already struggling to just find time together, and now we're adding to that a bunch of pre-scheduled family/friendly obligations that were put into play before we started dating. We're going to try and finagle things a little bit, but I'm already starting to miss him and I'll get to see him tomorrow!

My friend Marie is coming up to visit today and I'm beyond thrilled. She doesn't make the trip up to my area often (it is several hours away), and historically my schedule has never allowed for proper hanging out - just a quick lunch where I had to leave early. But today, oh today!! She is coming up just to see me and I have no where I need to rush off to. We can hang until we're sick of each other. I'm so excited!!!

At the end of the month, my friend Mary and I are going to drive the Maine coast. I am (gasp) actually taking some time off work to do so. I am also beyond excited about this! She has the whole thing planned. We're leaving from Boston and taking a leisurely route up to the end of the coast, then cutting back across the middle of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont to return to my place. I so need this. I'm pretty much burned out at this point and this will be a great recharging of my batteries.

Which reminds me, I really need to get my bus ticket down to Boston...

So, the long and short of it is, I'm still running around like a chicken with her head cut off. But at least I'm having fun doing it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon