I'm on Holiday, by jove!

I HAVE FIVE DAYS OFF IN A ROW!!!!!

You'll have to excuse the shouting, but as you can see I am a tad bit excited for my little vacation. The last time I had multiple days off in a row was late last June. I've only had single days off between now and then, and they were few and far between.

'Tis my own fault for doing so... I could have requested more time but I guess I felt the need solid work. I needed to pull myself out of the financial hole school had gotten me in and I needed to establish myself as a therapist.

But now, now I've done both and it's time to have a little fun.

Later today I'll be catching a bus to Boston where I'll meet up with my friend Mary, who's there attending a conference. It's the conference's last day so if the timing works out I'll be arriving just as she's finishing up with things. We're going out on the town tonight and then heading off to the airport bright and early to pick up our rental car. Then it's Maine coastline for the next three days!

Our first stop will be in Rockport, and it'll take at least 3.5 hours to get there from Boston. That's not the scenic route either so it'll take most likely take a large portion of the day. Our second stop on will be in Bar Harbor, where we'll stay for a couple days and use it as a jumping off point for Acadia National Park and other places we want to go. It'll only take a couple hours to get there from Rockport so we'll have most of the next two days to really explore. We'll most likely be taking RTE 2W all the way back to Vermont on Wednesday. It's going to be a seven-hour haul, and that's without stopping for lunch.

I am soooo excited for this trip! I am in need of fun and frivolity and this should fit the bill quite nicely.

I'll talk to you next week, party people. Have a very wonderful Memorial Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon