Weight Watchers: Week Two

I had a much better week this week on Weight Watchers. As in, I actually lost some weight! I lost 2.9 pounds this week. YAY! Progress is good.

Nearly three pounds is actually a bit more than I expected. "They" say that in order to lose weight healthily and to keep it off long term, you should try to never lose more than two pounds in a week. Which makes sense. If you are posting Big Loser losses every week and you aren't on the show (where they are very carefully monitored), then you are losing too much too fast. You are either under-eating, over-working out or both. Which can be very harmful to your body.

We forget when we're on a diet that your body actually needs food. When you're watching your weight, food becomes the enemy. Eat too much and your progress reverses or stops, but the less you eat the quicker the results. That starts a negative reinforcement loop that ends almost inevitably with a junk food binge and you feeling like you've blown the whole thing and the weight goes on even faster than you lost it.

Not that I know from personal experience or anything.

The reality is, I maybe lost a little too much this week. I mean, it's not like I lost 10 pounds or anything. But I was discouraged last week at only losing .2 (um, premenstrual anyone?). Plus, I had a big dinner date this past Saturday and I wanted to be able to eat anything I wanted so I saved up my Points.

Saving up your Points is not a bad thing, but last week I took it too far. I ended up not eating enough on Thursday, one of my work days. I didn't bring in enough to eat, and by the time I got home I was in a bad state. It actually took me two days to recover food-wise from that mistake.

I need to constantly remind myself that unlike former journeys with Weight Watchers when I was a desk jockey, I cannot hoard my extra Points for something special and still be okay. I have a demanding job and I need to eat an appropriate amount just to get through the day. I can still save up for something special, but I just cannot save up quite as many Points as before. And there is nothing wrong with that. Work the program and it'll work for you.

But still, 2.9 pounds! Yay! Just two and a half pounds left to goal. That makes me happy. My clothes are fitting again.

LOVE THAT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon