Latest Mantra

In the last few days, I've developed a new manta. Oh, don't worry - "let go of the attachments that no longer serve you" hasn't gone very far. It's one of my favorites, if I do say so myself. Good for any and all occasions.

The new one came to me after really thinking about what I could do to bring "nurture" back into my massages. Of course, self-nurture is key. After all, you have to put the oxygen mask on yourself before helping someone else put their on.
View Image


Or something.

Anyway.

The new mantra is "I honor the Divinity in you." It is sort of one half of the Namaste translation: The divine in me recognizes and honors the divine in you. Or something to that effect.

It is meant to be intentionally humbling to me. I use it to remind myself that each and every person I come in contact with (or could potentially come in contact with) has the Divine in them. As such, if I wish to honor the Divine, then I must honor them. I also use it to remind myself not to project my feelings and frustrations on to other people when, really, they have done nothing wrong. Especially to me.

I have been using it before and during massages in an attempt to reconnect with my clients, and it has been working. I don't say it out loud because, frankly, I don't want them to look at me like I'm a nutter, but I say it silently. I feel my massages have been improving, and I am once again beginning to feel energy and the body "talking" to me. I haven't felt that in weeks.

I am still in need of time off to replenish my own stores, but this seems to be helping me. I haven't yet tried it during my morning commute. Mainly because I'm afraid it'll come out sounding like a string of curse words.

Baby steps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck