Fizzle

All month long, there has been something "off" about my massages. I couldn't put my finger on what, though. Nobody's complained and the tips have still been good, but I just have not felt that connection with almost any of my clients.

It didn't dawn on me until nearly the end of my shift on Saturday that I had lost my "nurture." It was gone. That was the reason I wasn't connecting with any of my clients; I had nothing to give them. I've used my nurture all up. I'm spent. I need to do some serious self-nurturing (or better yet, find someone to nurture me!) in order to get my mojo back.

Part of the problem is that I have taken NO time off since I started work there in July. Plus, I only got one day off last week as I covered for a coworker with an emergency. Plus, I'm only getting one day off this week as I'm covering for a coworker on vacation. I'm burned out. Which would certainly explain why I took a four-hour nap today instead of getting my laundry done.

So, to start I'm taking next Monday off and having a three-day weekend. It isn't enough by a long shot, but it will help considerably. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I'll be thinking about it this week. I also need to put in now for a week off. I'm thinking maybe in April sometime. I'd love to go someplace warm and green and lush and vibrant. Preferably one that has drinks with cute little umbrellas.

But odds are just as likely I'll spend the days watching Buffy DVDs and sleeping in.

I'm okay with that too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon