Hydrotherapy at Home

I have decided that even if I end up not going on to a career in bodywork, I'll have learned many valuable lessons that will serve me well for the rest of my life.

Take, for instance, baths. The long way around cleaning yourself, or luxurious spa treatment you can do at home?

Stop! You're both right.

Believe it or not, as I learned in my hydrotherapy class that a simple bath really can cure a lot of your ails. Baths can:
  • be an antiedemic (ie, can reduce swelling)
  • be an antipyretic (yes, we all know it's anti-fire. It's also anti-fever)
  • be an antiseptic/astringent
Baths can stimulate, sedate, restore, ennerve... you name it. Baths don't have to be just hot, either. A cold bath can do wonders.

So, the next time you're feeling all achy and stuffy... find those bath salts you got for (insert gift-giving holiday of your choice), dust 'em off, and dump 'em in a big tub full of steaming hot water.

Take it from the gal who's taken an entire class on it and even has a hand-out.

You'll be glad you did.

Woman soaking in a bath

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon