Overwhelmed.

Yeah, that's me in a nutshell.

This week is going to be freakin' insane. I'm lying here in bed, trying to go to sleep. After 8.5 hours standing, you'd think I'd be exhausted. But as soon as I turned out the lights, my mind started racing to everything have to do this week.

* How my plans for tomorrow suddenly got cut in half since I need to cover extra time at work. Now I'm fitting a day's worth of moving and one massage into half the time.

* How I have a performance Saturday evening after spending the day moving. I have no choreography. I'm winging it. I'm not even convinced I know the song well enough to wing it. I'm not even convinced I care.

* How I essentially have to move all the things I can fit in my car in half a day Monday, Wednesday evening and about 6 hours on Friday. During these time frames I also have to study for a killer anatomy test, pack, do homework and find something that vaguely resembles food because I am too poor to order take-out.

* How I can't even afford to pay the people helping me move the furniture on Saturday with a pizza lunch. All I can afford is a hearty smile and a sincere thank you. It's going to have to be enough, but it won't be.

Every minute of this next week is spoken for, and there is still too much left over that needs to get done. I can't do it all, and yet I'm going to have to.

Calgone, take me away!!!!

Comments

Mike said…
Hang in there. Take it a step at a time. Don't think ahead too much, and focus in on the task at hand. K.I.S.S. (keep it simple, stupid) is my motto.
Jade said…
Good advice! :-) What will get done now will get done now, and the rest will just have to wait.

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck