A Farewell to Organics.

Well, I've held off for as long as I could but the cold, harsh reality has finally hit me.

I cannot currently afford to buy organic.

Oh, my aching heart.

Now, I know the American organic system is rife with abuses, but generally speaking I figure anything that brings less pesticides, herbicides, and any other -icides into my system is a good thing.

Unfortunately, the sad fact is while I am making ends meet (barely), I am technically below the poverty line right now. I am lucky I am able to go to the grocery store every week and purchase food, period. So, as much as it pains my heart, I am going to have to walk by the organic section of produce and head to conventional stuff.

Of course, I will still shop around. If they are having a sale and prices are comparable, I will opt for the organic version. I keep telling myself that as long as I'm eating vegetables and fruit, I am still doing good. As soon as I'm able to augment my income again, I'll up my organic intake.

This is one of the few times when I wish I was in a more temperate climate so I could just visit my local farmer's market every week. Ironically, by the time I'm able to take on a full-time job again, my local farmer's market should be starting back up. Lucky me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck