Animal Messengers

Please forgive me for a moment while I get all woo-woo on your asses.

So, for many years now I've been cognizant of animals coming in and out of my life. Mostly, these are animals I never much see until suddenly they are all over the place. I figured that there had to be a reason for me seeing these animals, and I should learn more about what they signify.

The first time I really started noticing animals, I started seeing wild rabbits/hares on my walks in the evenings. All. The. Time. They came to me during a time when I felt very vulnerable, and was in a toxic relationship. Rabbit helped me realize that being weak, timid, and prone to hiding was not going to help me realize a positive outcome.

The second time, it was crows. I think on some level I just wanted to see them. I think they were always there. I equate crows with Morrigan, a celtic goddess of war and justice. I have a particular fondness for Morrigan - my mother's maiden name is Morgan and I always kind of felt "safe" knowing She was on my side. But the crows helped me find my inner warrior. They told me to take my life into my own hands and to start living it.

Now, today in fact, I seem to have found another animal messenger. In class today we were working with various cards and one I drew kept reminding me of a spider, even though there was absolutely no animal imagery on it whatsoever. So of course I had to come home and research Spider. What I've been reading has been very interesting and She (in native mythologies spiders seem to be always a she) fits my life and who and what I want to become right now. She embodies creativity and the weaving together the past, present, and future. I think she has quite a lot to teach me, if I'm willing to listen.

Of course, I have to get over the fact that I don't really like spiders...
This image isn't mine, but beautifully embodied what I believe Grandmother Spider would look like.
To see where I got this image, visit http://sacredconnections.wordpress.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck