Greatful.

As I was standing there, wallowing in my own self-pity and wondering what I should wear to work and wishing I could go there in my pjs, I thought I should take a moment and think about the things I am grateful for in my life.

1. My Health. Yes, I am currently fighting off my second cold in as many months, but (knock on wood) I am healthy. There is nothing growing where is shouldn't, nothing falling off, and no gaping holes. I am lucky and I am grateful.

2. My Home. Sure, it's a rented apartment I share with my brother. But it's a nice space in a good location. Moreover, I have one. I have a place to come to after a long day and hide in if I need to. I am lucky and I am grateful.

3. My Friends and Family. Just because this is third on the list doesn't mean it's not first, if you get my meaning. My life is full of wonderful people and I am eternally grateful for each and every one of them. My life would be much the poorer without all of you. I am lucky and I am grateful.

4. An Ability to Choose My Life. I radically changed the direction of my life's pursuits this year. It took a lot of guts and chutzpah, but I am convinced it is the best thing I could ever have done. In many other cultures around the world, most people (let alone women) ever have the chance to choose what they get to do with their life. I am lucky and I am grateful.

5. My Bed. Okay, so this one is hokey. But I'm tired and I'm not feeling well and it's over there looking warm and cushy with all of its pillows and blankets. But, not everyone has a warm, cushy bed in a warm, cushy home to come back to every night. I am lucky and I am grateful.

Really, I am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon