Actual Telephone Conversations Had Today

Phone Conversation #1
Me: Hello, this is (salon). How can I help you today?

Customer: Yes, I bought a gift certificate there the other day. I was sitting here wrapping them when I noticed the expiration date was 12/25. I can't give this to my daughter! She won't be able to use it.

Me: Well, that sounds like it was a mistake. Considering the date, I'm sure it'll be okay if she uses it anyway...

Customer: But what should I do? She won't be around to use it and the date is the 25th and you're CLOSED on the 25th...

Me: Is there a year on that expiration date?

Customer: Yes, 2010. What am I going to do?!?

Me: Well, she's got a year to use it, so you'll be fine.

Customer: But the date is December 25th! She won't be able to use it before she goes back to school!

Me: Ma'am. The expiration date is 2010. We're in 2009. She'll have plenty of time to use it.

(pause)

Customer: Ooooooooooh! Boy do I feel stupid!


Conversation #2
Me: Good evening, this is (salon). How can I help you?

Customer: Yes, I bought a candle there the other day and when I got home and opened the box I noticed there wasn't a plastic lid on the candle. Some of your other candles had lids on them and I wasn't sure what to do.

Me: Well, you should be fine. The candles in boxes generally don't have plastic lids; just the refills.

Customer: So I don't need it to place under the candle? (nb: the candles are encased in glass)

Me: Um, no. You don't need to put anything under the candle... (thinking to myself: because putting plastic under something burning is such a good idea)

Customer: (happily) Okay, thanks!

Comments

希望 said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon