What's Important To You?

This morning's class was "group dynamics." This can take on a lot of different shapes, but generally speaking it's about us getting more in touch with the things that make us tick and how we can use our knowledge to be better therapists to our clients.

One of the exercises today was pairing up with another classmate and asking the questions "what's important to you?" and "why?". Then we paired up with another classmate and asked "What do you care about?" and "why?". At one point one of my answers to "what's important to you?" was, of course, family. When the follow-up questions "why?" was put forth, I replied "because I've had so many drop dead on me that I have to hold tight to the ones that are left."

Frankly, I was a little surprised that I'd said that out loud, but it was the truth. Family is more important to me than ever. Ironically enough, however, I didn't start missing my dad until a little later on. But I was sitting there thinking about how badly I wished he were here to see all that I was doing and accomplishing. I know he'd be proud of me; of that I have no doubt. But I wish he was here to see it.

I miss him. He was such a good person, a good soul. I couldn't have asked for a better father, and there is a hole in my life where he should be.

Yeah, right now I'm missing him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon