Permit Me a Brief Whine.

I love my life right now. I'm enjoying learning new things, meeting new people, and just my job in general. I feel a general positivity I haven't felt in a very long time.

That being said, there are a few things I'm missing right now...

1. Weekends: I have 7.5 months left before I can start having them again.

2. Learning at my own pace: My brain is on overload. I would very much like to spend one afternoon reading a Nora Roberts book instead of the Trail Guide to the Body.

3. Going out with friends

4. Going to the movies

5. Yoga: I haven't had the time to go to a class since I started school. I'm looking forward to having some time soon to go again!

6. The Food Network: I got rid of all but basic cable and internet when I took my part-time job. Nigella, Giada, Alton, Paula, Ina ... I miss youse guys!

7. Taking a three day weekend and visiting friends not in the State: I've had to turn down several invites, including one that was a mere 2 hours a way in Montreal and another a mere 2 hours south right here in VT. Sigh. They'd have been really fun, too.

8. Being able to say "Yes" to performing somewhere/going to a workshop instead of "I can't I have to work."

Okay, I'm going to stop at 8. I told you I was going to whine. I know this is all temporary and I really don't mind giving up a few perks, considering going forward with this plan of action was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

But overwhelmed is overwhelmed. It's a good thing I've only 7.5 months until graduation; I don't think I could keep up this pace for much longer. Props those who work full-time and go to work full-time, or work, go to school and have kids. I don't know how you peeps do it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck