Zzzzzzzzzzz

I thought I had to work after class today. Turns out I didn't. Fine by me. Of course, that means a smaller paycheck which isn't the best thing, but jeezum crow I'm tired. Physically and emotionally.

Today at class we did this thing where we all picked one or more cards from various decks (one was a "power" deck, one was from the four agreements, and there were a couple others I'm forgetting). Then we all went around the circle and shared what the cards said to us.

The card I picked was "Nurture" and I interpreted as a very positive, supportive card. I was actually thrilled to pick it and felt very good about it. However, a lot of the other students in the circle had very powerful reactions to the messages in their respective cards. The further around the circle we got, the weepier everyone became.

Needless to say, everyone was moved in one way or another by the time we were done. But everyone needed space. It was the first time I can remember where everyone got the hell out of dodge for our lunch hour.

Personally, after this exercise I felt very humbled and awed by the experience. I also felt completely off kilter and really not with it for a good part of the afternoon. Getting worked on a little definitely helped bring me back a little, but I think what I really needed was to hole up at home in my own little den and get myself back into myself. If that makes any sense whatsoever.

One of our upcoming assignments is to write our emotional autobiography. I am not looking forward to it. Not because everyone in the group will be weepy. I am afraid I will be weepy. And I'm just not sure if I want to go there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon