I Need a Blackberry.

I have discovered that since embarking on my return to school/change of career that, in order to fit in everything that needs to be done in a day, I am a scheduling fiend.

I always used to kind of laugh at the nursing students back at college who would schedule their days out to the minute in order to do what needed to get done. Laughing no more. I find that if I don't do it, not everything gets done.

Like today for example. I gave myself "permission" to sleep in this morning. Mainly because I've been fighting a weird coldy thing this week and I've been feeling run down. So, I woke up at like 8:45 or so. I had until 10:00am to have breakfast, fart around on the interweb and maybe clean my room so it looks like less of a sty.

10-12: Studying my anatomy for a quiz on Tuesday, making up study guide, etc etc

12-1: Lunch

1-2:30: reading for anatomy and writing up chapter summary

2:30-3:30: start choreography for dance performance on 11/14.

3:30-4:00: shower (yes, I have to schedule in a shower!)

4:00-4:45: early dinner and get ready for work

4:45: leave for work for arrival at 5:00.

Obviously, right now I should be cleaning up my sty of a room and not telling y'all about it, so there is some flexibility. If something gets done early, I'll squeeze something else in, like a 20 minute cat nap or quick trip to the store for junkfood something healthy and filled with natural energy that will support my active lifestyle.

I'm working on even less free time these days as I've started practicing on people outside of class now. Which actually eats up the few hours I had to be indulgently lazy really focus on recharging my personal batteries.

It's all for the greater good and I'm not complaining, it's just a very different shift than what I'm used to. Being this busy is a new thing for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck