Oh, the irony...

Retail is the only place that has the hours I can work in, and yet I have such trouble working in it.

Sigh.

I'm trying, really I am. But somehow it just feels that I can't do anything right, no matter how hard I try. I'm getting it, but I'm afraid I may be getting it too slowly for their preference and they're only going to float me for so long. All the stylists are seeing how hard I'm working and they are appreciative of it (they've said as much). But in the end, I'm really not working for them, but with them.

Sigh.

Oh, well. What will be will be. There's no point in worrying about the maybes until they become definitely's.

It's dinner time. I'm going to forget about the day and just have dinner and maybe do some homework if I'm not keeling over from exhaustion. Luckily I have the day off tomorrow so my plan is to cram as much homework into it as I can, all while doing laundry, making (quick) bread and quite possibly a curry. Made with blue potatoes. Yum.

Comments

Steve said…
I hope you are refilling yourself with positive energy today...Stephen
Jade said…
Thanks Stephen! I am feeling much better today. I am still being hard on myself and am trying to let that part of me go. It is so bizarre to have this desire for success and ambition rise up all of the sudden. I've spent the last few years so apathetic about my career that I've forgotten what it's like to want something.

Now, I've just got to learn how to balance this desire with my own personal sanity and I'll be all set!

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon