The Next Day.

Well, here I am. The day after my last day. It's almost like the day after Christmas. In the harsh light of day the magic fades and there's just an out-of-place tree in the living room with nothing under it and a sad tray of pawed-over cookies in the kitchen.

It's still surreal to me. It just feels like another holiday weekend. I don't think it will truly hit me until I leave for my new job Tuesday morning. Boy, that'll be weird.

My friend Jenn and I went out last night to celebrate (there were going to be more of us initially, but sickness and a funeral laid waste to our plans). We went to the movies - Inglourious Basterds - dinner at a wonderful pan-asian restaurant and dessert at a place that serves amazing chocolate crack cake.

This morning I got up and went to my first yoga class in almost two months, came home and roasted some tomatoes that were going down hill. This is a great idea if you have more tomatoes than you know what to do with: you wedge them up, put them on an oiled and rimmed baking sheet and in a 250 degree oven for like 2 hours (I checked them every half hour to give them a push around the sheet). Once they're done, let them cool for 15 or 20 minutes then whir them up in a blender. Instant tomato sauce! Obviously you can doctor it up any way you see fit, and if you're a canner then have at it. I stuck mine in the freezer. This idea came from a post on the Weight Watcher's vegetarian board, and I think it's the best idea ever.

Then, while I was waiting for the cable guy to show up (again) I made Isa's cinnamon rolls from her latest brunch cookbook. Mmmmmmm. Need I say more?

The cable guy did show up at 4:20 (hee hee), but he showed so I'll take it. I no longer have any cable to speak of. Which should free up a considerable amount of my time although I may go through SyFy withdrawal. The important thing is I still have access to the CW for America's Next Top Model and the Canadian CFCF12 for episodes of The Tudors. Score! I'm going to have to Hulu Mad Men, I suppose.

To kick off my tv-less existence, I've decided to re-read all seven of Stephen King's The Dark Tower series in order. Starting this evening the first (and shortest) installment: The Gunslinger.
The Gunslinger


Yee-ha, party people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon