Latest Round of Randomness

1. You cannot mash cold, roasted potatoes. You can mash warm ones. But not cold ones. Don't bother trying.

2. I just got my first paycheck at my new job this morning. Wow. Forgot what a non-office, low-paying, part-time job paycheck looked like. It's time I started taking my budget seriously, or I'm going to blow through my cushion in no time.

3. Classes and work both went much better this week. I now have a sign posted on my mirror: Let go of your attachment to the outcomes. How very zen, eh? It's helping, though.

4. I have sooo much to do today. I should not be wasting my precious time updating this blog. But hey, I think I might have a couple readers here so I must keep you all informed about the inanities of my daily life. I'm making more bread today, I want to make some chickpea cutlets from Veganomicon, I need to do this week's assignments and study for a quiz tomorrow, and I need to do laundry. Plus, I have work from 5-9 this evening. So, no stretching it out for 12 hours like I did last Monday. I gotta get moving.

5. I plan on spending as much time in my pj's as humanly possible today. And when I'm not in my pj's...sweats! Oh yeah.

6. I had to cancel some weekend plans for next month. Actually, I've had to cancel a LOT of plans for October weekends. Working 1-9 on Saturdays and 9:30-6 on Sundays eats into pretty much any plans you'd make. I'm supposed to have a performance at some point next month, but it hasn't been scheduled yet. Hopefully it will be soon, because I'm going to need to request earlier hours on that day or else I won't be able to perform.

7. Is it bad that really I just want to crawl back into bed? Maybe I'll do all my studying from there today. Just make myself a cozy little nest and some hot tea and do some burrowing.

8. I wish I could sleep past 7:30. I could really use the extra comatose time. Just an hour. Please?

9. I have been drinking waaay too much coffee to get myself going lately. I'm not liking the trend. I don't want to be one of those people who needs like 10 cups to get herself through the day. Think maybe I should start mixing some decaf in there.

10. With all the stuff I need to do, I'm thinking seriously about working in a walk for myself today. Sanity is nice, I'd like to be able to get outside again before the snow flies!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck