It's the Final Countdown

With just 3 hours and 13 minutes remaining in this work day and at this work place, I thought I would take a moment to look back and recap some of the things I will not be missing:

1. One of my coworkers breathes like Darth Vader. It's really not funny and it's likely the result of a medical issue, but man is it annoying.

2. No more business-related catch phrases. If I have to hear "all hands on deck" one more time...

3. The dreaded phrase "Can you pop into my office for a minute?" It never takes just a minute, and it is guaranteed to be a request to do something you have no business doing.

4. All the touchy-feely crap. I mean, I'm going into massage therapy so I'm not adverse to touchy-feely. But I'm sorry, I don't want either of my bosses giving my chummy pats on the shoulder or any other kind of "supportive" touching. Leave me the heck alone!

5. Listening to that guy (every office has one) who is an authority on everything/toots his own horn at every little inconsequential thing he does/has driven everyone in the office batty with his caffeine-driven ambition to impress and run the place. He's all wrapped up into one person here. No one really likes him, and he doesn't have a clue.

6. The commute. Granted, there are people with a lot farther to go, but it's a bitch in the winter and frankly I'm sick of spending the money on the gas.

7. Trying in vain to fit into a place who doesn't know what to do with you or your talents, and quite possibly didn't need them in the first place.

8. That feeling of dispondency every time I pulled into the parking lot.

Lest I sound like an ungrateful wench, here are a few things I will miss:

1. The money (ha!). It's not all that much, but it's a hell of a lot more than what I will be making over the next nine months. No more random shopping trips for me...

2. I will miss my two coworkers-in-arms, so to speak. The two you could be truthful to, the fun guys, the guys you could shoot the breeze and actually wanted to know outside of work. I will truly miss them.

3. The view as I'm coming down around the hill and into the town on a fall morning. When the sun is coming up and lighting all the mountains and trees just so, and there is a fog hanging in the valley, it is a gorgeous site to see and one I will never tire of.

4. Not being the only vegetarian in the office.

5. Having my own office and a wonderful view from the window.

I am excited and happy to move on. These last two years have been difficult for me, and I have yet to determine how much of it was my own fault and how much of it was office dysfunctionality. I think it lies somewhere in the middle. I learned a lot about myself during my time here, and I think I needed this so I could figure out my next steps. If I hadn't have started work here, I'd have never started up yoga, or belly dancing, or really even questioning if my career was a career I wanted. I've gotten so much from this place in the end, and I am thankful for that.

But I'm still outta here come 5:01pm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck