Better.

Today was a better work day. We were straight-out busy but all ended well.

Last night's tip fiasco was made better by the people who can make it better. They were more upset about the till be off as a result than they were about the tip itself. Apparently the stylist got a talking to for insisting I take the money out of the till - that's a Bad Thing and apparently she knew that. But in the end she still got her tip so I'm pretty sure she's not too upset about anything.

I still feel bad about the whole thing, and I'm not sure how they rectified the situation; at this point I'm not going to push it anymore and move on. I think I'd have gotten in a lot more trouble if I hadn't had the "new" label so firmly affixed to my forehead. The subtext was pretty clear: don't do it again.

Tonight's till was perfect and no one complained about missing any tips, so I am considering it a Good Night. Although it still gives me some stress, tonight eased my mind a little. I still really like everyone there and it is a good place to work. I am very thankful for this job and appreciative of all the help (and patience) they are giving me. I want to do right by them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon