Random Notes on a Sunday Evening

1. I think I just killed my cell phone. I got it wet. Didn't even realize it until I'd gotten back from my walk and it was as dead as a doornail. I think I'm screwed. I've taken the back off and the battery out (like the instructions said) and I'm waiting for it to dry out. Still, I think I'm going to have to swing by an AT&T store tomorrow and get a replacement. :-( It's been longer than 30 days too, and I'm not sure what our policy says about such things. Sigh.

2. Took an Intro to Massage Therapy workshop yesterday morning. It's held at the place I'm registered at, so it was basically a more-detailed insight into what my days will be looking like for the next nine months. It's exciting and scary all at the same time. I need to keep reminding myself that it's okay to not get it the first time around. It's going to take some practice for me to get things right. And that's okay! It's a learning curve, and I haven't been in any kind of academic setting in a long time. It'll be a good kick-start to my brain.

3. I made zucchini bread this morning. Mmmmmmm.

4. I'm trying my hand at making nut cheese this weekend. It is a recipe from the Vegetarian Times magazine. Basically, I'm trying out a faux feta. Or Fauta. Hee hee. I forgot the lemon though so instead of 1/4 c lemon, I dissolved a dab of mustard in a 1/4 c water. Which is not the same thing I know, but I figured the lemon was there for a bit of tang more than anything else. We shall see how this works!

5. I finished my choreography. Yay! I have no idea if it will live up to my last dance or not. Everyone seemed to love that one. After that, I almost felt like I should pull a George from Seinfeld and just "leave on a high note." But this is for an important cause - it is in support of a local breast cancer group. With one of my friends battling it now, it's more important than ever. Which means my dance has to be even better. *Gulp*.

6. You know what really pisses me off? I went for a walk in the rain because it had let up enough and the radar maps didn't look like it was going to let up. So one 3 mile soggy walk and a dead phone later, it clears out and is now sunny. *Sigh*.

7. Curry or stir-fry for dinner tonight? I have potatoes, broccoli and green beans from the farmer's market. Either would be good. Herm. I think I'm leaning toward the stir-fry.  

8. A song popped up on my ipod today that I hadn't heard in a while. The song is "The Joyful Kilmarnock Blues" by the Proclaimers. It has the lyrics (you have to think in a thick Scottish accent when you read this):  

The question doesn't matter 
The answer's always "aye" 
The best view of all is where 
the land meet's the sky  

For some reason, that always has resonated with me. I need to say "aye" more often.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon