Jump

There's a song on Madonna's Confessions on a Dancefloor album entitled "Jump" and the lyrics go something akin to this:

There's only so much you can learn in one place
The more that you wait, the more time that you waste

Well, that's true enough. For the last two years, I've been on a roller coaster ride of emotions. I've been trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. Call it a quarterlife crisis, general malais, what have you. All I knew was, I couldn't keep going the way I was going. I needed massive change.

The pursuit of massage therapy was a step in the right direction and I'm really looking forward to the classes. However, I came to the conclusion that just a step wasn't enough. I needed to jump. I needed to jump, blindfolded, off the cliff and hope to hell there was a net at the bottom.

So today I jumped.

I officially gave 2 weeks notice at my job. My last day will be September 4th. I'm doing this with no job lined up (although I am diligently looking for a job that will work with my class schedule).

I still don't know if there's a net at the bottom of the cliff. Right now I'm just enjoying the ride down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck