The Absent-Minded Bellydancers


The evening started well enough. The makeup was spot on, I'd been able to find the final piece of my costume earlier in the day, and the people I wanted most to come and watch were going to do just that.

So there I was, in the dressing room, putting the finishing touches on my first costume of the evening. The show was set to start in 20 minutes. I checked my hair (poufy as per usual) and lipstick (not on my teeth...score!) and went to my bag to get something. That's when I realize I'm missing something.

I do not have my top for my second act.

Since it wasn't "that kind" of show, I panicked a little. But then it occured to me that I could call home and have them bring it with them. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

They'd already left and locked the door behind them.

Crap.

Did you know that you can make it from North End Studios to South Burlington and back in 15 minutes? Thank goodness the cops were all somewhere else. I made it back with five minutes to spare. Woot woot!

At the end of the evening, I was again in the dressing room shoving all my worldly possessions back in my bag. As I'm shoving, it occurs to me that something isn't quite right. Then I figure out what it is. My top from the first performance of the evening is missing.

WTF? Are you kidding me???

It couldn't have gone far, right? Well, what we all think happened is since we were in such close quarters one of the other dancers accidently packed it right up and brought it home with her. It could easily happen, and since it was black and thin (a tank top) it would be easy to bundle it up and not even notice.

And then this morning I also realized I'm missing my black shawl.

I just can't win.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck